One week to go before we open the doors at 22 Broad Street!
At last, here are the hot links to new treatments and classes that we’ve organised so far, with the extra treatment rooms and studio space afforded by our extension into 22 Broad Street. The new building will start to be used in a limited way next week – starting Monday 15th, with gradual migration of some therapies from our existing building at 20/21 Broad Street and the commencement of new classes and treatments over coming weeks.
Unless specified otherwise, treatments and classes are available from the w/c Monday 15th October, and for those classes booked through the practice, the electronic diary is set up and working! Please bear with the receptionists who have yet to master fully how to book up to 8 people into one appointment slot!!
Pilates specialist Carla van Traa
- Pelvic Floor Restore – 6 week course of Pilates based exercises to improve pelvic floor function and reduce ‘leaking’ in women – Tuesday mornings (book direct with Carla)
- Non-sweaty lunch time Pilates – a flex and stretch class on Tuesdays (book through the BSP)
Therapeutic Yoga with Julie Halliday
- Julie is offering focused therapeutic yoga classes on Monday afternoons/evenings and Thursday mornings – classes specifically for back pain, hypermobility, stiffness, necks shoulders & upper backs, low back hips & knees, plus a general flex, stretch & strength class for everyone! (book through the BSP)
Fall prevention programme exercise classes with Vickie Pauley
- The Otago programme was developed in New Zealand and is a specialised, proven programme of balance and strengthening exercises for older and frail adults which helps to prevent or reduce the risk of trips and falls. Classes on a Thursday afternoons – with regular home practice required! (book through the BSP)
Pilates with Vickie Pauley
- Pilates for All – Thursday evenings – enjoyable mat-based pilates classes for all levels. (book through the BSP)
New to our Mental & Emotional Health Team
in addition to Vanessa Brown & Lorna Betts our established counsellors for teen and adult clients, we can now offer:
- Art Therapy – with Kate Hilliard – Monday afternoons/evenings and Friday afternoon (book direct with Kate)
- Person-centered Psychotherapy with Jen Holland – Specialising in complex emotional trauma – Monday and Thursday mornings (book direct with Jen)
- Amanda Jones is a paediatric intensive care nurse and Victoria Leith a trained midwife. Both are qualified IBCLC breast feeding consultants, experts in infant feeding and qualified tongue tie practitioners. Their clinic will operate alongside a FREE drop-in breastfeeding group in the studio – Wednesday afternoons (book direct with Amanda and Victoria) Starting on Wednesday 24th October.
Exercise Rehabilitation Classes with Glyn Davys
- Follow an individually tailored rehabilitation programme to restore function, strength and flexibility after recovery from surgery or injury, or to strengthen and support a known weak area of the body. Get back to sporting function and every day activities. Mixed classes on Wednesday evenings – after a 1-2-1 assessment. Alll bookings to be made through the BSP. Classes start on Wednesday 31st October.
- Multi person acupuncture sessions to help with pain control in arthritic and other long-standing pain conditions. This clinic will be operated by our acupuncturist, Duncan Ford on Friday mornings – starting in December. Having acupuncture in a group setting makes it more affordable and facilitates the regular treatment needed for effective management of these long-term, ongoing conditions. (Some bookable places – through the BSP – but mainly this will be a drop-in clinic)
Other services in the pipeline which may or may not reach fruition…..mindfulness, mindful eating, neuro-rehabilitative occupational therapy (specialist help for patients recovering from stroke or head injury), hypnotherapy, speech therapy, chiropody…… Find out more by clicking here…. We are still interested to hear your wants, ideas and suggestions!
If you or an acquaintance, work colleague or business contact has need for a room for a meeting, somewhere to run a conference, workshop or course, please give consideration to our stunning Studio.
The Broad Street Practice
Quality healthcare in the heart of Stamford
ESTABLISHED 22 years ago, in June 1996, by husband and wife osteopaths, Perry Westbrook & Anthea Bentley and having registered almost 14,000 registered patients, we are a practice committed to providing excellence in complementary healthcare.
PROFESSIONAL and highly qualified, our experienced team of independent practitioners will adapt treatment to suit patients of all ages and most states of health. All practitioners are insured and registered with their relevant governing bodies. We work closely with NHS services and private health providers and our fees may be recoverable from many health insurance schemes (please check with your provider).
OUR COLLECTION of like-minded practitioners include osteopaths, counsellors for children, adolescents and adults, sports and therapeutic massage therapists, an acupuncturist, a medical herbalist, a nutritional therapist, a reflexologist and Bowen technique practitioner, a private GP and a specialist in skin camouflage make-up. 90% of our patients arrive at our door through word of mouth recommendation; sent by friends, work colleagues and other healthcare professionals – many of whom are our patients themselves.
APPOINTMENTS are available from Monday through to Saturday, with some early morning and late evening appointments, we endeavour to keep some short notice appointments available for urgent cases. We have a fully staffed reception, an ‘out of hours’ answer-phone and emergency contact telephone number. There is no need to obtain a referral to the practice from your GP – most of our patients self-refer. Choosing which might be the most suitable treatment option for you can often be confusing so please call the practice and a member of our knowledgeable reception team will try to help. Should your enquiry be more complex, they will try to arrange a free, informal chat with one of the practitioners.
IN THE HEART OF THE COMMUNITY the practice is easy to find in the middle of Stamford, on the corner of Broad Street and Star Lane. Our doors are open and our friendly staff are ready to welcome you and deal with your enquiry. Call us on 01780 480889
Welcome to out website. We hope you find it interesting and informative, and that it answers most of your questions. We welcome your feedback and suggestions for improving the site.
We’d be delighted if you’d ‘Like’ our Facebook page – we’ll be posting snippets regularly – some informative, some funny, some thought-provoking!
Anthea & Perry