Vanessa Jane Davies is a Skin Camouflage Consultant with over 25 years of practical experience, based in Harley Street London and manages further consulting rooms at The Broad Street Practice Stamford, BMI The Duchy Hospital, Yorkshire, BMI Woodlands Hospital, County Durham and BMI The Sandringham Hospital in Norfolk.
She is a team member of Cedars Dermatology in London and sits on the expert panel for Talkhealth. She is actively involved in treating individuals with chemicals and cosmetic burns, hypo/hyper pigmentation and scarring for men, women and children, including self-harm. Skin Camouflage Services Ltd is listed with Red Arc Assured.
Under the OMIS UKTI Service, Vanessa trained staff in two Australian hospitals and provided skin camouflage treatment on the burn wards. Her interest in overseas work is driven by helping patients who otherwise would not be able benefit from this specialist area of healthcare. The UK
Trade & Investment (UKTI) selected Skin Camouflage Services as a case study.
Vanessa is an APIL, 1 st tier Expert Witness and member of the Expert Witness Institute. She
takes instructions in personal injury, clinical negligence and costs for minor /major injuries in
rehabilitation. Having trained army medical officers Vanessa continues to accept Army referrals.
Vanessa’s work as a skin camouflage expert has spanned across television, radio and national newspapers and health publications. She has been privileged to present to national and international audiences, most recently for the Scar Management Day for the British Society for Dermatological Surgery & British Cosmetic Dermatology Group.
• ScarWork Therapist Certification
• Bond Solon Expert Witness Training: Courtroom Skills
• Bond Solon Expert Witness Training: Excellence in Report Writing. Written Evidence
• University of Hertfordshire: Development of Skin Camouflage Practice
• Licentiateship of The City & Guilds Institute
• Training & Development Lead Body Awards D32/D33/D34
• University of Huddersfield: Certificate in Education
• Higher National Diploma Beauty Therapy
2007 – 2020 Medico Legal Work in Skin Camouflage
2007 – 2020 Managing Director Skin Camouflage Services Ltd
2010 – March 2020 Managing Director Varama Cover Creams Ltd
2007 – 2010 Skin Camouflage V – Lecturer. University of Hertfordshire
2004 – 2009 External Examiner for Global International Malaysia
1996 – 2010 Skin Camouflage Higher Education Lecturer. Bradford College/Leeds Metropolitan University
1999 – 2002 Edexcel External Verifier and Higher Education Module Writer
1993 – 2007 Skin Camouflage Practitioner Yorkshire Areas
1993 – 1996 Skin Camouflage Practitioner Medicare Health Centre Yorkshire
Membership of Professional Bodies:
• Expert Witness Institute (EWI) Individual Member 2016 – 2020
• Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Ist Tier Expert 2007 – 2020
• UK Register of Expert Witnesses Vetted Member 2007 – 2020
• British Association of Skin Camouflage (B.A.S.C) Associate Member 2007 – 2020
• British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) Allied Healthcare Professional 2017 – 2020
• Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) Professional Member 2018 – 2020
• British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG) 2018 – 2020
• ScarWorkTM Accredited Register 2019 – 2020