As a healthcare setting that has applied government recommended infection control measures, including the use of PPE, we ask the following:
If YOU test positive for COVID-19 within 3 days of a visit to the clinic:
Please call us IMMEDIATELY to let us know that you have tested positive.
- As a healthcare setting, you DO NOT need to provide details of your visit to this clinic on your list of contacts submitted to ‘Track & Trace’.
- Please DO NOT visit the clinic again until 10 days after your test or until you have been symptom free for 10 days.
If ANOTHER PATIENT of your practitioner tests positive for COVID-19 within 3 days of their appointment
- We will contact all patients seen by that practitioner in the 3 days following the contact, as a courtesy. There is no requirement for these patients to isolate, but they may choose to, due to personal circumstances.
- The practitioner, because of PPE and our covid-secure healthcare setting, is not required to isolate as a contact of the patient. They will self-monitor for symptoms and test as appropriate.
If your PRACTITIONER or a MEMBER OF CLINIC STAFF tests positive for COVID-19
- They will self-isolate and will not resume clinic work until 10 days after their test or until they have been symptom free for 10 days.
- As a courtesy, we will contact all patients seen by the practitioner in the 3 days prior to their positive test. Because of PPE and our covid-secure healthcare setting, in-clinic patient contacts are not required to isolate as a contact of the practitioner, but they may choose to due to personal circumstances.
- Any decision with regards to isolation of other members of staff will be assessed with regard to context, PPE and the proximity and duration or any contact.
This policy follows guidelines issued by the Institute of Osteopathy