IS YOUR LIFE BLIGHTED BY IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME?
May is IBS Awareness month and we are marking this by launching specialist treatment packages for this difficult condition, combining Acupuncture and Nutritional Therapy.
• Constipation and/or diarrhoea
• Abdominal bloating and belching
• Excessive wind
• Erratic bowel habits
Patients can also suffer with headaches, dizziness, backache, tiredness, muscle and joint pain, nausea, ringing in the ears, frequent urination, shortness of breath, anxiety and depression……
Conventional medicine attempts to control symptoms with the use of anti-spasmodic drugs and low dose anti-depressants. Tests and investigations are usually inconclusive and conventional medicine has no cure. The Broad Street Practice now offers two treatment option packages combining Acupuncture and Nutritional therapy to help calm and heal the digestive tract and to provide patients with a programme of comprehensive support leading to more effective management of this troublesome condition.
Package 1 – £249
• 3 x Acupuncture sessions with Duncan Ford (Initial consultation 90 min & 2 follow ups 45 min each)
• 3 x Nutrition sessions with Sophie Driver (1¼ hour initial consultation & 2 follow ups 45 min each)
Package 2 – £299
• As above but includes a while-you-wait food intolerance blood test which looks for reactions to 59 commonly eaten foods.
Packages need to be paid for in full at the commencement of the course.
To help you in planning your treatment schedule, the following gives a guide to the recommended intervals between sessions.
- Week 1 Nutritional consultation Allow 1¼ hour (and food intolerance blood test)
- Week 2 Acupuncture Consultation Allow 1½ hour
- Week 3 Acupuncture follow-up treatment 1 Allow 45 mins
- Week 4 Acupuncture follow-up treatment 2 Allow 45 mins
- Week 2-4 Nutrition follow-up treatment 1 Allow 45 mins
- Week 8-12 Nutrition follow-up treatment 2 Allow 45 mins
To maximise the effectiveness of the programme it needs to be completed, in full, over a duration of not more than three months.